wonder if anyone can tell me why a network adaptor that works fine one day, showing the correct network name, and the fact that its a home network, the following day, after absolutely no changes, can then be shown as Unidentified Network and with a type of public?
I've removed IP6 to no avail!
This one has me completely baffled, and its driving me round the bend!
AMD64X2 6000+ | 4Gb Ram | 750Gb Samsung Spinpoint for TV | 60Gb OCZ SSD System Drive | ASUS M3N 78 PRO | Avermedia A707 Trinity | 2xNova-S2-HD | 1GB Zotac GT430 Zone | LG Blu-ray/HD DVD Drive | Xbox 360 | Arcsoft TMT3/5 | Antec Fusion Remote Max | Dreambox 500s | DVBLink TVSource 3.2 | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate | Logitech Harmony 700 | Sky HD
MSI WinTop AE2220
Strangely yesterday, when I checked, again no changes made, the network now shows as home and the network name displays correctly!!!
Not sure why this is, as both pc and dhcp server (in broadband router) are both connected to the same gigibit switch, and pings of less than 1ms are received....
I have an issue where as when my Ceton TV turner is enabled I get an explanation warning icon over my network icon... Additionally, I have 2 devices running Windows 8 in a Homegroup and the Homegroup in unavailbe on either device until I use the trouble-shooter to diagnose the problem...